I’ve always loved organising things & de cluttering. Theres something nice about going through old things and linking them to memories. This makes it hard to get rid of things and you slowly start to gather loads of random stuff in your house and for me it drives me crazy! I’m quite OCD when it comes to keeping the house looking clean and tidy, I’m sure Elliot is sick of me going on about cleaning up after himself why can men not do this?! I don’t understand why they can’t make those final two steps to the laundry basket instead of dumping it on the floor.. Anyway back to the point. We are moving house in the new year and i can’t wait because for me it just means more organising and interior planning which i love! If you don’t make boards on pinterest for absolutely everything then where have you been for the last 10 years?! I’m going to share some of my tips for living a clutter free life, i always find that a tidy clutter free home = a peaceful mind. Let me know in the comments if you have any more ideas or hacks which you find help you be more minimalist and have. less. stuff.
- Try and use up all of your lotions and potions before buying more. I am a nightmare for getting reeled in and buying that new moisturiser because the bottle looks pretty when in reality it will sit in my draw for months and never get used. My new rule is to use something up before i buy it again. I’m currently sorting out my makeup/crap draw and selling bits or chucking it.
- Tackle those small areas first. Its good enough the room looking tidy but you know that those drawers are just filled with never ending rubbish. Start with little areas like your kitchen cupboards then move on to areas such as your wardrobe and clothes drawers.
- Sort your car out! Ell always goes on at me about how dirty my car is but i just don’t get any joy from cleaning it, to me it’s the most draining job of the lot. I have to admit though that when its all sparkly and has that new car smell i feel more chilled and happier to drive (i hate driving).
- Sort your mailbox out. I get so much junk mail (talking nearly 100 a day) this makes it hard to find the serious emails meaning missing out on opportunities or important things. Im currently in the process of unsubscribing to a lot of emails.
- Write things down. I make lists and jot down ideas in my notebook constantly. If you write down why you want to live more simply and how then you’re more likely to stick to it.
- Dress less. No i don’t mean get your boobs and legs out, i mean simple styles are more appealing to the eye rather than layering too much and going wild. I love wearing jeans with a simple T-shirt or a chunky nit. In my eyes simplistic looks so much better.